!!!

So I'm sure you all followed the ALA book awards this year, right? How could you not, as there were some pretty great authors nominated. I'm definitely looking forward to reading What I Saw and How I Lied, but another nominee that sparked my interest was Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson. I've read a bunch of her other books and I know for a fact that she's an amazing author. 
So imagine my surprise, and ecstatic delight, when I walked into Barnes and Noble today and found Chains, SIGNED BY THE AUTHOR. Wow. I know that B&N sometimes has some pretty great authors come and do signings, but none of them have ever been ones I've been super into. 
Eek! My day has been made. Thankfully I had some money on me. I've GOT to read the book now. Thank you Barnes and Noble and thank you Laurie Halse Anderson for pretty much rocking my world. :)

Oh, and just a side note, is The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing appropriate for a ten-year-old boy? Theme/subject wise? I haven't read it yet and don't want to corrupt the poor kid as the little age thing says 14 and up.