Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott

Kate's life is pretty much ruined. Her dad quit his regular job to sell vitamins from a booth at the mall. Her grandma who everyone hates, moved in to help them out because Kate's dad isn't making any money with his new "job". Her 23 year old brother Todd moved back in. And, Kate's best friend acts like she doesn't exist. The only thing that shines a little light into her horrible life is Will; the adorable boy who is notorious for hooking up with anything that breathes. Kate's hoping though that their relationship isn't like that for him, because she really truly likes him. But how can you tell when the only way you ever talk is through sarcasm? To get away from her life, Kate starts to close herself off and doesn't realize that the only way to be able to appreciate the good things is to live through the bad. And maybe, just maybe, everyone might have a little good in them somewhere.

I think that they picked the perfect blurb for the cover of this book. Melissa De La Cruz says; "I absolutely loved this book! It's funny, sad, and wise, and will make your heart ache in the best way." I totally agree with her. Perfect You was a completely refreshing and heart-warming book. I've decided that Elizabeth Scott and Sarah Dessen have a lot in common. In their books, they both tell about people who live with or go through difficult situations and they manage to do it with humor, integrity, and relatability that really makes their books totally readable. One of my favorite parts about this book was the characters. I think for me to love a book, the characters need to be well written and I need to be able to relate to them. Both things were true in this case. I felt that I was able to get really close to the characters and understand what they were going through even though I have never been through their situations myself. I also liked the dynamics of Will and Kate's relationship. They both had such a great sense of humor that I found myself laughing out loud more than once. I think one of my favorite characters though was one of the more minor ones; Todd. I loved how he went through his own set of struggles in the background of the book. It's nice to see a side character get some glory. So, all in all, I would definitely recommend that you read Perfect You. It's adorable, touching, and laugh-out-loud funny. And I myself can't wait for Elizabeth Scott's next book, Stealing Heaven which promises to be just as good.