So 2008 has been a great year. A really great year. I've spent a month overseas, started a blog, junior-counseled little kiddos, made new friends, read a lot, and overall, just enjoyed myself. It's been GOOD.
So in honor of the end of this year here's a list of my top fifteen books of 2008, in no particular order:
1. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher review
2. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen review
3. Far From You by Lisa Schroeder review
4. A Little Friendly Advice by Siobhan Vivian review
5. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer review
6. The Host by Stephenie Meyer review
7. Looking For Alaska by John Green review
8. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson review
9. Model by Cheryl Diamond review
10.Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr review
11. I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert review
12. Paper Towns by John Green review
13. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins review
14. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott review
15. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold (even though I'm not officialy finished yet)
16. I Know It's Over by C.K. Kelly Martin (review down the page)
Sorry, I couldn't pick just 15... :)
Looking back, I've read some seriously great books year; over 100, if I'm not mistaken. Geez, that's a lot.
For 2009, I probably won't be able to read as much so my goal is to read two books a week, eight a month, 96 total. Oh wait, that IS a lot. Um...well let's just see if I can make it. Cross your fingers.
Other random resolutions (that probably won't last a week):
1. KNIT! I am so bad at sticking with things but I'm knitting a scarf as a late Christmas present and it's not TOO horrible. I don't think...I even learned how to purl! Off YouTube! So I'd like to knit a leeeetle bit more. It'd be kinda fun.
2. Keep the grades up. Enough said.
3. Read some classics/well-known adult books. Gotta expand those horizons, eh?
4. Keep being active.
5. Enjoy the year!
Do you guys have any good resolutions?