Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

In the small college town of Morganville, there is more going on than meets the eye. And Claire just happens to get herself mixed up in the middle of it. It all starts when she gets bullied by the most influential girl at her dorm. To escape, she tries to find sanctuary at the Glass house; a large mansion shared by three college students-Eve, Shane, and Michael. Claire finds that the Glass house is the only place where she is truly safe in Morganville because there are vampires living in town. And they will stop at nothing to get what they want, even if that means killing Claire and all of her friends. She has to try to find a way to find peace and protection for herself and her friends or the consequences would be unimaginable.

Okay, something that's really strange to me is that there are so many vampire books out there! Doesn't that seem a little wierd? Couldn't authors find something else to write about? But really, I'm not complaining, because almost all of the vampire books I've read have been really good. And that stays true for this one. This is the kind of vampire book though, that has suspense, chills, and fangs. It's not the whole nice, goody-goody deal that the Twilight saga or the Blue Bloods series has. And although I thought I wasn't going to like all of the freaky scary vampire parts of this book, I actually did. I enjoyed having shivers race down my spine and having myself have to keep reading. I think the plot is very good in this book and it was executed perfectly. I also liked that the author went into such depth with the characters. Even the minor characters were described thoroughly and you could really see all the aspects that any given character had. The imagery in this book was great too. Everything was filled with detail so you could be brought into the story and feel the aura of the town. I loved that. I also loved the little bit of romance that was thrown in. It helped the story not seem all scary! The ending, of course, was filled with a ton of suspense and I can't wait to get my hands on the next book, Dead Girl's Dance. I would highly recommend this book.