Blog-o-versary

On this February 25th, exactly one year ago, Liv's Book Reviews was birthed. 
The first post went something like this...

Hi-
I'm Liv if you haven't guessed that already. I've decided to start blogging on the books I've read but I don't know if it's going to go very far. I am a big reader but not very good at following through on things so we'll see how this goes. :) I'm going to try to post a plot summary and my opinion on every book that I read from now on. I will not be writing on books I have already read unless I reread them. So I hope you enjoy my blog and I will try to get on here as much as possible.
-Liv

Ah...personally, I like the "I'm not very good at following through on things" part. Because here I am, a year later. Proved my little old self wrong, didn't I? :)

I've LOVED blogging throughout this year. I've read more than I would've normally, I think, and I've met a ton of awesome people, bloggers, authors, and random internet friends. 

My blog might be relatively tiny even though it's been around for a while, but to me that's not important at all. I see other bloggers writing about how many page visits they get or how many followers they have, and even with the newer blogs, those numbers are way higher than mine. I used to care a little bit, but not so much anymore. I rarely check. The important thing to me is just getting on to post every now and then. I'm in it for the experience, which, I know, sounds super hokey...but hey. I've met authors and bloggers from all over the world and I've written 100 reviews. If that's not an accomplishment, I don't know what is. 

So thanks to everyone who reads my blog and to all the authors whom I've bugged and bothered. You guys are AWESOME! 

And in honor of this momentous occasion, I'm going to have a little giveaway...you knew it was coming, didn't you?

Prizes:
One book of your choice, under $10, that's available on Amazon
$5 giftcard to Starbucks
Bananagrams (BEST game ever, involving bananas, scrabble tiles, anagram making, and other fantastic literary objectives)
Mix CD (which I don't know if anyone would really want, but I want to make one)

Sound like good stuff to you? :) 

To enter: 
Write me a story, 100 words or less, starting with the words "Liv was looking out the window..." and ending with the words "and that's how it all began."
Leave your story and your email in the comments.
The winner will be chosen by a select group of anonymous judges (parents, friends, 10 year old boy). You have until Wednesday, March 11 to enter.
And yes, flattery will probably help you, seeing as the story your writing is about me and it's my blog's anniversary...SO. Get creative. Make me feel happy. XD

*All credit goes to A.S. King for this marvelous contest idea. I hope you don't hate me for stealing it...

And that's it! Enter away.