I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder

When her boyfriend Jackson dies, Ava is torn apart. They loved each other so much and she knew that their connection was something that could never be matched. And so when he dies, and she knows that she had a part in it, Ava doesn't know what to do with herself. But when Jackson comes back to haunt Ava, all the tables are turned. Having a boyfriend that's a ghost has more difficulties than she ever imagined; and is it really the right thing to be attached to someone that no one else can see and who's keeping you from starting your life again? What Ava doesn't know is that Jackson is there to help her come to terms with what happened. He doesn't want her dwelling on the past, he wants her moving on and enjoying her life. But will he be able to convince Ava of that when they are not even able to communicate?

Having never read a novel that was written in verse before, I didn't know what to expect from this book. I, of course, had heard great things about it but I'm not really a person who likes things that are out of the ordinary. Surprisingly though, I did like this book. A lot. I was drawn in from the first page and I think that the verse form really helped to bring more expression and feeling to the book than the book would have otherwise had. The thing about verse though is that it's hard to get details in and I felt that the story was a little lacking in that department. I think it would have been nice to have been able to see more depth in the story. I'm fine with the length that it was though because it was a nice quick book that got wrapped up nicely and had a beautiful ending. It was pretty every thing I could expect. Oh, and the one thing that bugged me about the cover was that the guy's arm has this thick rope-like vein. And yes, I know that that sounds weird, but it just kind of stuck out at me and annoyed me to no end. :D I get bugged by the little things like that. It's kind of strange. Other than that, the book was really amazing and I will definitely be looking out for more verse novels now that I've dipped my toes into that genre. I liked it a lot and am ready to try more books like that. So I would recommend I Heart You, You Haunt Me wholeheartedly. It's a very nice, sweet book that will not fail to draw you in.