She's So Money by Cherry Cheva

Maya's longing for independence from her parents. Her biggest dream is to get accepted to Stanford and be able to move out to California and leave her old life behind. That plan is put in jeopardy when the health department stops by for a surprise visit while Maya is in charge of her parents' restaurant for the weekend. With a $10,000 dollar fine on her shoulders, Maya knows that she can't tell her parents. She has to figure it out on her own. And that is where the super hot, yet sketchy guy, Camden, steps in with a plan. Do the rich kids of the school's homework, but for a price. What starts out small suddenly escalates into a booming business with more than 30 clients and 7 workers. But there's always the looming threat of being found out or not being able to raise enough money in time. And when things start to heat between Camden and Maya, she knows that her life has changed a lot. Only she doesn't know whether it's for better or worse.

Although I had quite a few issues with this book, I couldn't help but feel myself reeled in. I stayed up reading it really late and even though I wasn't satisfied with all of the aspects of the book, I think it was a very good read. Now about those things that I had issues with...I think that the characters weren't developed enough and that the plot was a little too predictable. Don't get me wrong, I like me some nice, fluffy, and predictable books every now and then, but I definitely think that Cherry Cheva could've have worked to throw a few more twists into it than she did. And I also would've loved to be able to get to know the characters better. I think that that aspect of the book was rushed and not filled in very well. Also, the ending came a little too fast for my preference. It was very sudden and it just kind of ended. All that stuff probably makes this seem like a horrible book, but it really wasn't. One of the things that I liked was the unique plot. It might not have had many surprises, but it was a new and unexplored concept which was neat. I also liked how the side characters got to shine along with the main ones and we got to see the alternate sides of many of the "popular" characters in the book. And overall, I think that Cherry Cheva did a great job writing She's So Money. Even with all of the faults that I found with it, I really couldn't stop reading it. She just has the kind of writing style that leaves you wanting more and I am completely satisfied with this book and I would highly recommend it as a very fun and light read. Perfect for summer! Which, by the way, has arrived without me even noticing. I swear, I woke up last week and I was like; woah-there are only two weeks of school left! When did that happen? And since then I've been in a huge fog because of lack of sleep from studying for finals. I'm amazed that I'm having time to read at all. I probably shouldn't be reading...but oh well. Can't pull a girl away from her obsession, can you? And enough with my rambling already. :D Go read She's So Money!