Bits 'n Pieces - Daria Snadowsky

Daria Snadowsky is the author of the novel Anatomy of a Boyfriend which will be released in paperback September 23rd. I am going to be reviewing it in the very near future and am looking forward to it. It promises to be a great book! You can visit Daria's website by clicking here and her fun blog by clicking here. She provided some really great answers to my questions; I hope you guys enjoy them! And look out for a review of Anatomy of a Boyfriend soon!

This or that:
Rain or shine? 
Definitely shine, so it's a good thing I currently live in sunny Las Vegas.
iPod or mp3 player? 
They both are great. Honestly, I'm not sure how I ever existed happily back when I had to schlep around a walkman and cassette tapes all the time.
Movies or TV? 
I wasn't allowed to have a TV when I was a kid, so I grew up going to the movies. I majored in film I loved it so much!
City or country?
I love ordering in dinner, so I have to say city.
Mountains or beaches? 
Beaches, preferably with a big umbrella and a pina colada nearby.
Dots or stripes?
Stripes, as long as they're vertical.
Dogs or cats?
 Not sure. I was never allowed to have pets, either, but I always envied my friends with bunnies, especially the floppy-eared ones.
Cooking or eating out? 
Although nothing is more enjoyable than a home-cooked meal made with love, when you live in a city known for its cuisine, it's practically a sin not to take advantage of it at every opportunity. For better or for worse, you can find me at restaurants more often than in my kitchen.
Coffee or tea? 
I can't take much caffeine, so neither.Books or magazines? 
Books! No advertisements.

Favorites:
Book- 
Judy Blume's Forever, which inspired Anatomy of a Boyfriend.
Book store- 
The NeverEnding Story here in Las Vegas. It's the only independent children's bookstore in Nevada.
Movie-
One of my faves is Big. The more I watch it, the more I appreciate what a perfectly-told little story it is.
Music artist- 
Billy Joel. I'm amazed how prolific his career has been.
Website- 
Project Rungay is pretty hilarious.
Designer- 
Anne Klein, for the eyeware.
Coffee chain-
Any place with free WiFi.
Guilty pleasure- 
Project Runway.Restaurant- 
Fix in the Bellagio. Their fried mac and cheese makes your tongue tingle it's so ambrosial.
Color- 
Burgundy. There's just something dramatic and sophisticated about it.

Have you ever:
Lived abroad? 
The summer of '00 I studied in Italy and England. I miss the gelato, but not the haggis.
Gotten a tattoo? 
No. Considering I've been battling acne for nearly twenty years, the idea of permanently marking my skin never appealed to me.
Stayed up for the midnight release of a movie or book?
In the summer of '99, my then bf dragged me to the midnight screening of Star Wars Episode 1. We stopped dating shortly thereafter.
Disliked your job? 
Once I was the teleprompter girl for a local news station. That was pretty soul-deadening.
Cried during a movie? 
All the time.
Sang karaoke? 
No, but I have done Dance Dance Revolution in high-heeled boots.

Questions:
If you were on a desert island, what 5 things would you bring with you?
Bottled water, antibiotics, sunblock, a fully-charged satellite phone, and the actor Richard Chamberlain (so he and I could reenact the beach scenes in The Thorn Birds while we're waiting for the rescue plane to pick us up). 
What's on the list of things you have to do during your life? 
Score stage-seating at Spring Awakening on Broadway.
If you could have one super power what would it be? 
Turning back time.
What's your perfect music playlist? 
The soundtrack to The Fantasticks, my all-time favorite musical.
What's the one food you could eat day after day and not get sick of? 
Caprese salad, with lots of balsamic vinegar.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? 
Antarctica. How cool to be in a place where there's virtually no human history or culture, just nature and science? Their twenty-four hour sunny summer days would be nice, too.
What moment in history do you wish you could've experienced? 
When Neil Armstrong landed on the Moon. I still get chills whenever I see the video footage.
What does your dream library look like? 
First editions of every Judy Blume book ever written.
When you walk into a bookstore, where do you head first? 
The coffee stand for a hot cocoa with whipped cream.If everyone had to read one book, what would you have it be? 
Dorothy Tennov's "Love and Limerence." Love is the driving force behind most of our major life decisions, yet we never take the time to study love in a scientific and non-sensationalized way. Tennov finally put love under the microscope, and the result is one of the most illuminating and groundbreaking treatsies ever written.
Thank you so much Daria! And I just have to say that Piano Man by Billy Joel happens to be my all time favorite song, so we have that in common. :) He really is a fantastic artist. 
The winner of a signed copy of Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott is Alessandra! Congratulations! Look out for an email from Elizabeth soon.
Authors; want to be featured in a Bits 'n Pieces interview? Email me at livsbookreviews@yahoo.com and we'll make it happen!