Bits 'n Pieces - Diana Rodriguez Wallach

Diana Rodriguez Wallach is the author of Amor and Summer Secrets and the newly released sequel, Amigas and School Scandals. Both books look really amazing and are on my pile! I'm looking forward to reading them as they have gotten a ton of great reviews. :) Diana is a really wonderful author. I hope you enjoy her answers!

This or that:
Rain or shine? 
Definitely shine. Rain is sad.
iPod or mp3 player?
 iPod
Movies or TV? 
Hmmm…If you read my blog, you know I’m a TV junkie. But I do love a good movie too. It’s a tie.
City or country? 
I’m a city girl. I’ve lived in Boston, New York and Philly. All I need to do now is move to D.C. and I get a “I Rocked the Northeast” t-shirt.
Mountains or beaches? 
Beaches. I’m not very outdoorsy, but I love to sit on the beach.Dots or stripes? 
Neither. I prefer solids.
Dogs or cats? 
Cats. I have tabby I rescued from a shelter in Harlem. Her name is Lupi.
Cooking or eating out? 
I can cook, but I prefer eating out. Let someone else do the work and clean up.
Coffee or tea? 
Coffee. I also love caramel macchiatos from Starbucks.
Books or magazines? 
Books, obviously. I left magazine journalism to become an author.

Favorites:Book- 
The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint Exupéry
Book store- 
Head House Books; it’s a small independent store in my neighborhood. If you order my book from them, I’ll sign it for you before they ship it out.
Movie- 
Ever?? That’s hard because it depends on my mood. When I want to be serious, the Godfather; when I want to laugh, the Wedding Crashers; when I want to be romantic, Love Actually; when I need a comfort film, Pretty Woman; it just keeps going and going.
Music artist- 
Madonna, hands down.
Website- 
I spend most of my time on Yahoo Mail, MySpace, Blogger and Twitter. Oh wait, can I say my own? www.dianarodriguezwallach.com. Hehe.
Designer- 
I don’t have a lot of designer duds, but I love Fendi bags, Cole Haan shoes with the Nike Air, and BCBG dresses.
Coffee chain- 
I often bring my laptop to Philly Java.
Guilty pleasure-
General Hospital
Restaurant- 
I’m not much of a foodie, but anything with seafood.
Color- 
Depends on the day, but for clothes you can’t go wrong with black and for walls, I love Restoration Hardware’s Silver Sage.

Have you ever:
Lived abroad? 
Yes! I lived in Madrid for five months during a study abroad program.
Gotten a tattoo? 
Yes! I got a tattoo on my honeymoon in Bora Bora (Tahiti is where the tattoo was invented). It’s an all black tribal-looking turtle.
Stayed up for the midnight release of a movie or book? 
No, but I bought Stephenie Meyer’s Breaking Dawn the day it came out.
Disliked your job? 
Yes! I wasn’t very happy working as reporter for trade magazines. There’s a whole story on my website about how that discontent led me to write a novel. http://www.dianarodriguezwallach.com/for_writers.html
Cried during a movie? 
Oh, my God. Have you ever seen Legends of the Fall? I thought I would need psychiatric help after watching that film because I cried for so long.
Sang karaoke? 
Several times. The most memorable was in Spain with my study abroad program. A couple of us tried to sing “Dream On” by Aerosmith; needlesstosay, we couldn’t hit the big notes at the end.

Questions:
If you were on a desert island, what 5 things would you bring with you? 
I’ll skip the snarky comments about a boat and survival tools, and go straight to: My husband, a journal, my cat, a pair of sneakers, and soap.
What’s on the list of things you have to do during your life? 
I love to travel, so I’d like to visit every state in the U.S. and every country in Europe. I’m surprisingly closer to accomplishing the Europe goal than the U.S. goal.
If you could have one super power what would it be? 
The power to heal others. How cool would that be?
What’s your perfect music playlist? 
I have several playlists from ‘80s, to Rock, to Slow Songs, to Monster Ballads, to Random Favorites. I love them all.
What’s the one food you could eat day after day and not get sick of? 
Pizza
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? 
Right now, I’m thinking of going to Poland because my parents just got back from there and loved it (my mom’s Polish).
What moment in history do you wish you could’ve experienced? 
Woodstock. I think it would’ve been cool to be a hippy. My parents somehow skipped that whole trend.
What does your dream library look like? 
I’d love a library in my house with floor-to-ceiling bookshelves with a sliding ladder and one of those puffy leather chairs with metal grommets.
When you walk into a bookstore, where do you head first? 
The YA section. I like to see if A) my book’s there, and B) what new releases came out.
If everyone had to read one book, what would you have it be? 
America the Book, by Jon Stewart. It’s hysterical.
Thank you so much Diana! And congrats on the release of Amigas and School Scandals!
The winner of a copy of In Your Room is Yan. 
Authors; want to be featured in a Bits 'n Pieces interview? Email me at livsbookreviews@yahoo.com and we'll make it happen.