Bits 'n Pieces - Jordanna Fraiberg

Jordanna Fraiberg is the author of In Your Room, released October 16th. It is her debut YA book and has been generating quite a bit of buzz around the blogosphere! I'm looking forward to reading and reviewing it soon. 
You can visit Jordanna's website here. She's a really wonderful and fun author and I loved her answers to the questions. Enjoy!

This or that:
Rain or shine?
Shine, which is convenient since I live in sunny LA. But I think I did a little dance when it drizzled for the first time in 8 months just an hour ago.
iPod or mp3 player?
iPod (or now, iPhone. Same thing).
Movies or TV?
I’m a recent TV-convert (ahem…addict).
City or country?
City (with a little country thrown in. Hikes, parks are a must).
Mountains or beaches?
I heart both! But a beach really gets my heart beating
Dots or stripes?
Stripes.
Dogs or cats?
Dogs (but I loved my cat SO much and want to get another one).
Cooking or eating out?
Cooking.
Coffee or tea?
Green tea!
Books or magazines?
Books, definitely.

Favorites:
Book-
Many, many. But best book I recently read = The Other Side of the Island by Allegra Goodman.
Book store-
Book Soup, Los Angeles
Movie-
Amelie.
Music artist-
I’m currently obsessed with a band called Ra Ra Riot.
Website-
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
Designer-
Diane von Furstenberg.
Coffee chain-
I usually go local.
Guilty pleasure-
Chocolate!
Restaurant-
AOC (a French sort of tapas restaurant in LA. It’s where my husband took me when I sold my book!) and of course, Sushi Ike, two blocks from my house and THE. BEST. SUSHI.
Color-
Green is currently edging out purple.

Have you ever:
Lived abroad?
Yes! I grew up in Canada (that counts as abroad, right?); I’ve also lived in India (4 months) and in England (2 years).
Gotten a tattoo?
Nope. Just a henna one at an Indian wedding, like Rina in In Your Room.
Stayed up for the midnight release of a movie or book?
Nope.
Disliked your job?
Oh, yes.
Cried during a movie?
So. Many. Times.
Sang karaoke?
Yes. Very, very badly.

Questions:
If you were on a desert island, what 5 things would you bring with you?
a journal
my iPod
pictures of my family and friends
can I bring my dog?
My wedding band
What’s on the list of things you have to do during your life?
Write more
Have more animals
Raise a child
Explore
If you could have one super power what would it be?
Heal the sick
What’s your perfect music playlist?
Hmm. Great question. Here goes:
Ghost Under Rocks (Ra Ra Riot)
Kids (MGMT)
Show Me What I’m Looking For (Carolina Liar)
Heart Songs (Weezer)
Bixby Canyon Bridge (Death Cab For Cutie)
Together (The Raconteurs)
Such Great Heights (The Postal Service)
King of Pain (The Police)
Rebellion (Lies) (The Arcade Fire)
I Feel It All (Feist)
Viva La Vida (Coldplay)
What’s the one food you could eat day after day and not get sick of?
Sushi.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Paris, or a beach on a tropical island, mood depending.
What moment in history do you wish you could’ve experienced?
Europe in the 1920s.
What does your dream library look like?
Rows of books, neatly stacked on floating shelves affixed to a brick wall, One of the walls is all glass, maybe overlooking a patio, a patch of grass. A fireplace, a big desk, lots of artwork by my friends and favorite artists, pictures, an easel to draw on, a big comfy couch, and one for my dog. You meant a home library, right??!!
When you walk into a bookstore, where do you head first?
I start with the books on display in front, then head to the new fiction section on my way to the YA section. After that, it’s different every time.
If everyone had to read one book, what would you have it be?
Wow. Tough question. I don’t think there’s one book that can contain it all. But another book I recently read, which I loved and also got me thinking – both creatively and historically – was The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
Thank you so much, Jordanna!
If you'd like to win a copy of In Your Room, leave a comment on this post with your email, your answer to "iPod or mp3 player" and a reason for your choice.
The winner of a copy of I Know It's Over is Sara! Look for an email from CK soon.
Authors; want to be featured in a Bits 'n Pieces interview? Email me at livsbookreviews@yahoo.com and we'll make it happen.