Why I Can't Go Into Bookstores


Just the other day I decided to amble into my neighborhood Barnes and Noble and check out their YA section.
Normally, I get books from the library because I find it way too expensive to buy the books myself. Have you seen the prices of books lately?! A hardcover is between $15 and $20 which is totally out of my budget. 
Every once and a while, though, I like to go look at the shelves of books that I will never own to see if there are authors I recognize or interviewed, books that I've read, etc. Besides the fact that I saw basically every book that's ever been reviewed around the blogs there, I wanted to buy around 2/3 of them. Ugh. I was this close to buying Lauren Myracle's Bliss. But sadly I don't actually have the $17 it would take for me to be its happy owner. *sigh* I was down about it for the rest of the day. 
I can't stand going into a bookstore very often because I have no money, and all I will be doing is torturing myself with the dream of having a lavish and YA filled personal library; a dream that is probably never going to happen. I do have some books at home, but most of them are review copies or books that I bought to have signed at author events that I've gone to. 
Needless to say, I will be asking for piles and piles of books these holidays. Even books that I've already read. I just like having the actual material evidence there for me to hold. 
Some books on my wishlist:
1. The Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld
2. Skinned by Robin Wasserman
3. Artichoke's Heart by Suzanne Suplee
4. The House of Night series by PC and Kristin Cast
5. How To Ditch Your Fairy by Justine Larbalestier
6. Bliss by Lauren Myracle
and about a bajillion others that will be too painful to call up and remember. Urgh. 
Do you guys buy your books? Rent them out from the library? What's your personal bookshelf like?