Made To Last...The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold - chapters 4 through 6

Chapter four:
-I totally called it. Apparently Mr. Harvey has killed other girls as he is very systematical in his preparation and clean-up. And we do find out what he does with the hole, although I still think it was rather pointless for him to have spent the effort and dug it in the first place.
-Alice Sebold really doesn't flinch away from blatant description does she? Fingers, toes, blood, etc. Yuck.
"I knew gloves meant you were an adult and mittens meant you weren't."
-I still wear mittens. :P Guess I'm a child. They're just so much cozier to me. <3
-Mr. Harvey is never going to get caught, I don't think. No evidence is going to be found besides that elbow. 
-He's a complete nut-case. A sneaky one, though.
-Ooh. Maybe he will be caught after all. Since he talked to Mr. Salmon and let on that he was somehow involved, he's becoming more and more suspicious in Mr. Salmon's eyes...
-When Susie realized she would never be able to interact with her family or experience any pleasures of earthly life, like snow, again, it made me think. To be able to observe but not participate or experience would be really heartbreaking. 

Chapter five:
-The Walking Dead Syndrome is totally legit. When people see the dead person and don't see you. It's a really sad thing.
-I really hope Mr. Harvey messes up somehow and breaks his cover.
-I wish Susie had more of a voice and was more opinionated rather than just relating what she sees. I want to hear more of what she thinks! Although I do understand that the story is supposed to focus mainly on the family...
-Fluffernutter. Ha!
-Who are Sophie and Leah going to turn out to be? Mr. Harvey's wives/kills?
-I want to dress like a snowflake. That would be amazing. :)
-Ah, Samuel Heckler, the adolescent vampire who has a thing for Lindsey. 
-That monopoly analogy almost made me cry. Buckley.
-The family dynamic in this book is perfectly illustrated in a way that pulls at your heartstrings because you get to see what each member is feeling and how they're reacting. The writing doesn't get in the way of the story at all. 
-Cute! A half a heart from a cute thirteen-year-old boy. 
-I'm impressed that Susie is as happy as she is. Her family is gradually, step-by-step, living on without her and she is able to feel happiness and joy and seemingly doesn't harbor any hard feelings.

Chapter six:
-And we meet Ray again. He sounds like such a cutie. A good flirter too. He better not have to deal with any other crap regarding Susie's death.
-So Susie and Ruth talked before she died. Ruth seems like my kind of gal. "the quietest kind of rebel." She has her own world outside of the real one; her drawings and ideas. 
-Although her home life seems a little messed up; her father encouraging her to drink? Wrong.

"I grew to love Ruth on those mornings, feeling that in some way we could never explain on our opposite sides of the Inbetween, we were born to keep each other company. Odd girls who had found each other in the strangest way - in the shiver she had felt when I passed."

-Yeah, that's pretty vivid and beautiful, don't you think?
-Death can bring people together can't it? Ruth and Ray's ritual is really nice. Two outsiders brought together by the death of someone that neither of them knew very well but still felt a connection to. It's hard for both of them to cope with life, death, and everything in between.
-Ray's mother is awesome. If only more women were like her. Unconcerned about what others think of them, proud of who they are, and satisfied with what they've accomplished. 
-Except then she gets all dark and talks about killing...
-Len Fenerman has a story. As does his wife.

The Lovely Bones is really good so far! I'm enjoying it and having fun thinking and analyzing for once. It's been a while since I've read a book like this outside of school.