Bits 'n Pieces - A.S. King

Ladies and gentlemen, today I present to you the new, improved, and more readable than ever version of my interview feature, Bits 'n Pieces. It's great.

Cooking or eating out?
Oh cooking--by a long shot. Though authentic Mexican food is a favorite that I'd go out for. Take out food is a nice treat once a week, though where I live the selection is pretty limited.

Favorite guilty pleasure?
Mike & Ikes.

Have you ever gotten a tattoo?
Yes. My first was 20 years ago this month.


Would you rather be the sand castle or the wave?
Castle. No wave. No wait. Castle. No. Wave. Hold on. I have no idea.

If you could have lunch with any three people (alive, imaginary, or dead), who would you choose and why?
My husband, Kurt Vonnegut, and my old friend David. Why? because we'd have a really great chat for hours and all of us would get something out of it. Plus, KV is my writing hero & I miss David. I mean, I could've chosen Prince & Stevie Wonder or John Cleese and Woody Allen, or Bob Marley and Jimi Hendrix or Ben Franklin or David Bowie or George Orwell, or Ayn Rand. And meeting all those people would be cool, but I think I might be awed a bit too much to enjoy myself and relax. So, to have a really great and memorable lunch? Me, Topher, Dave and KV. Or Walt Whitman. Or Jack Yeats, the painter. Or Tony O'Malley. Ooo! No. Me, my friend Krista, Topher and Jimi Hendrix. Oh this question tortures me. Final answer: I have no final answer. I really hope I never have to make this choice in real life.

What are some of the little things you love in life?
Fleece socks. Walking in light snow. Swimming laps. Corn on the cob.

Where would you bury your treasure?
In a hole someone else has dug. (I've shoveled enough in my life.)

What is your biggest pet peeve?
Negativity. People who have nothing positive to offer perplex me, and simultaneously make me very happy to not be them.


When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
I have no idea. Let me go look. Looks like 1973 I was Bugs Bunny and 1974, I was the Devil. Sweet.