Bits 'n Pieces - Lauren Myracle

So I'm sure you've all heard many things about the marvelous Lauren Myracle. She is the author of the recently released suspense novel, Bliss as well as a number of other books. I have yet to read Bliss but doesn't it look just amazing? Look for a review super soon because I don't think I'll be able to keep my greedy little hands away from this book. And if you don't have a copy immediately with you, you can visit Lauren's site and read up about her and her books. I hope you enjoy the interview!

This or that:
Rain or shine? 
Dude. Shine FO SHO. Now, I love me a rainy day, too, but I am a sunshine girl all the way.
iPod or mp3 player?
iPod--and a bit snobby about it as I go with Macs on every stand (shame on me!)
Movies or TV? 
Both! Though sadly not enough of either...
City or country? 
Oh Lord. Both. I like to *think* of myself as a downhome country gal, but I actually get really energized by the hustle and bustle of a city. You know what? I'm going to go with SMALL TOWN. Yes, a delightful small college town would be my pick...
Mountains or beaches? 
Beach! Beach! But it has to be on the Atlantic. Pacific = waaaaay too cold.
Dots or stripes? 
Dots. More whimsical.
Dogs or cats? 
CATS. (I think dogs are very sweet, but I'm not good with slobber.)
Cooking or eating out? 
Uh...ordering in.
Coffee or tea? 
Ew. Gross. Dr. Pepper, please.
Books or magazines? 
BOOKS, you crazy goose!!!!!

Favorites:
Book-
yeah, right, like I can pick just one
Book store-
Oxford Books in Atlanta, now defunct. Sigh.
Movie-
Harold and Maude. Or The Graduate. Or Mary Poppins. Or The Parent Trap, original version. Or Dr. Strangelove. Ack! You're making me want to go watch all of these again!!!!
Music artist-
Today? That guy with two J's...what's his name? Jack Johnson? +smiles hopefully+
Website-
Plop. I have no idea. I don't think I have one.
Designer-
+laughs at the idea of being that hip+
Coffee chain-
Aye-yai-yai. Starbucks. +ducks to avoid tomatoes thrown by anti-Starbucks peeps+
Guilty pleasure-
Mo's Bacon Bar: applewood smoked bacon + yummy milk chocolate, all mixed together in one delish candy bar! Mmmm!
Restaurant-
Hrm. This really swanky Thai place in Atlanta that my parents take me to when I'm in town. Can't remember the name. But the servers all wear gorgeous Thai dresses!
Color-
sea mist green. Also, sparkly pink. Also, warm brown.

Have you ever:
Lived abroad?
Yep. Japan.
Gotten a tattoo? 
Yep. Two.
Stayed up for the midnight release of a movie or book? 
No--lame, eh?
Disliked your job? 
PAST jobs, sure. I once worked at a mental hospital for the criminally insane and got pee poured on me (not mine). But I feel amazingly lucky to get to write and be paid for it!
Cried during a movie? 
Oh, honey-babe. ALL THE TIME.
Sang karaoke? 
No! But I will if you take me out...

Questions:
If you were on a desert island, what 5 things would you bring with you? 
My husband, my son, my other son, my daughter, and a loaded-to-the-max Kindle.
What’s on the list of things you have to do during your life? 
Be in the moment. Embrace and enjoy. ;)
What’s the one food you could eat day after day and not get sick of? 
Peanut butter M&Ms. And I do, and I don't.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? 
Africa! Safari, baby!
What moment in history do you wish you could’ve experienced? 
Ack. Too deep for me. Sorry!
What does your dream library look like? 
Gleaming wooden bookshelves that magically fill themselves with every book I want PLUS bonus books that I don't know I want, but do, and that will make me stretch as a human.
When you walk into a bookstore, where do you head first? 
Der. Young adult/kids section! ;)
If everyone had to read one book, what would you have it be? 
Well, I'd want them to love it. I'd want it to be a gateway drug, heh heh heh, so they felt compelled to read more! And more! And more! It would have to be accessible and fun and good for both sexes, and it couldn't be off-putting at all. So with that in mind...ack. I'm stressing now. This isn't good. I'm going to go with...Don't Let the Pigeon Ride the Bus by Mo Willems. Gateway drug!!!!!
Thanks so much, Lauren! Those were some seriously awesome answers. 
And yes, you can win a signed copy of Bliss and a Mo's Bacon Bar this week! But there's a catch. This little giveaway is going to require some work. 
1. Post the trailer of Bliss on your blog with a linky back to this interview. Or if you don't have a blog, spread the trailer around to your friends. Force them to watch it, post it on message boards, facebook, twitter, etc.
2. Leave a comment on this post with a link to your spread-age of the trailer or a very detailed account of how you spread it outside of the internet world. Also in that comment, give your opinion on "movies or TV". 
And if you follow those simple guidelines you will be entered! And because this is such an awesome giveaway we're going to have it run until next Saturday the 22nd instead of having it end on Wednesday. Enter away!