Booking Through Thursday/Saturday #10: Presents!

On Saturday

What, if any, memorable or special book have you ever gotten as a present? Birthday or otherwise. What made it so notable? The person who gave it? The book itself? The “gift aura”

I never really get books as presents because my family knows that I'm super choosy with what I read and they don't want to risk picking the wrong thing! They'd rather stick with B&N giftcards. I did get signed copies of Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange for my birthday this year, though. I pointed the site where you could get them out to my parents so it wasn't exactly their own idea, but it was nice that they knew that getting those books would be one of the best presents I could ask for. I'm a huge fan of Melissa Marr and so both the books themselves, and the "gift aura" that they have, make them infinitely valuable to me. Another book that I've received was the seventh Harry Potter book for Christmas from one of my friends which was really cool. I love Harry Potter so being able to own my own copy is great. :) Other than that, I've never really received presents in the form of books...maybe I should make up a very specific list this year. :P